Re: Can I set DPI for login window (GDM)?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:59:55 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> That's weird. I have the opposite problem with a big monitor. The DPI
> computed from the actual EDID info is really small so it figures
> fonts about 4 pixels high will be what it wants.

Actually, I take that back: I just switched TVs after my old one died,
and I see the new samsung reports itself as being 160x90 millimeters,
which, since it is a 46 inch set isn't even remotely correct, so
if I were to let it use the native 304 DPI that computes, I'd get
huge fonts too :-).