Re: Submitting a bug report on ping6 and traceroute6?

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I believe I have hit a bug on FC10 with ping6 and traceroute6. My
colleague at my ISP has 'see things like this with glibc in the past'.

I have heard that adding:

nameserver 127.0.0.1

to /etc/resolv.conf gets around this problem and that there is a glibc in rawhide that is SUPPOSE to fix right.

I am running a system with ONLY IPv6 on eth0 (of course there is IPv4 on
l0, you can't turn that off). The system has a global IPv6 address from
my RADVD server and can ping6 out when supplied IPv6 addresses. In
/etc/resolv.conf I have the IPv6 address of my providers DNS server,
ns1.clearrate.com (I first started with my own caching server, but
switched to his to limit the problem tracing).

The host program works. If I try 'host www.clearrate.com', I get back
its IPv4 and IPv6 address. But when I try 'ping6 -n www.clearrate.com',
I get host unknown. traceroute6 fails as does Firefox (but all work
when provided the IPv6 address directly).

BTW, a Centos 5 system configured the same way, on the same subnet works
just fine....

So smells like a bug to me.