Re: Changing host window in KVM

Bill Davidsen wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 16:53 +0200, Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 18:47 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
If I am running on a VM which is full screen, is there some easy way to change to the other desktops on the host other than dropping the VM back to a window and then using the desktop selector? I've tried several suggested key shortcuts w/o success.

In KDE you can use the advanced application / windows option and
force-start qemu Windows in a certain desktop.

That wasn't the question. He wants to switch to another desktop while
the VM is running fullscreen.

You have described the question perfectly. ;-)

Unfortunately I don't have an answer, I'd like to leave all three VM servers running full screen and just pop between them. Clearly I can get there from here, but a short cut would save some time (going between full screen and window take 4-5 sec).

If you're using Gnome, go to Preferences->Personal->Keyboard Shortcuts.
Down near the bottom are options for "Switch to workspace N".  By
default they're disabled, but there are defaults for:

	Switch to workspace on the left: CTRL+ALT+Left
	Switch to workspace on the right: CTRL+ALT+Right
	Switch to workspace above: CTRL+ALT+Up
	Switch to workspace below: CTRL+ALT+Down

Is that what you want?  I have no idea how KDE does this.