Re: Trouble with Add/remove soft ware

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM, RAMAKISHOREBABU KOPPULA <rkbabu.koppula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am using DSL modem to access internet. As per advice, after checking the box written "Controlled by network manager" the error message gone but I am not able to brows the net also I am not able to install new software by using add/remove software. Only after unchecking the "Controlled by network manager" box I am able to brows the net but again I am not able to install new software by using add/remove software.

Well in that case after doing the previous step you have to setup a dsl connection using the network manager. Right click on network manager and edit connection. then goto dsl tab and add a new conn. give your id and password and service name( say PPPoE). Leave everything else default. Add the conn. Then activate the connection by left clicking on network manager and selecting DSL Connection 1. If it gets connected then u r on. By the way do you use proxy.
--
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury

sherry151@xxxxxxxxx
!!!Windows is "micro"-soft[ware]..I like bigger things!!!