Re: Can't print Legal size paper OO-3

Craig White wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 18:24 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Craig White wrote:
On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 18:30 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:37:00 -0500
Jim wrote:

What is Wrong ??
My theory is that OO printing is simply hosed. I've defined
a custom page size, and it has apparently ignored it. I looked
on the OO forums and saw lots of complaints there as well
about things like custom envelope printing not working.
----
I'm not certain that your negative spin is all that helpful here.

The feature doesn't work, I'm unsure what positive spin you can put on that. And I've seen a note that it doesn't work on A4 (or whater the "nearly letter size" format is).

Does programs other than OOo print on Letter or Legal size?

Are you asking if there exist other programs which generate letter/legal output, or if output for those other programs works.

I might suggest print to file and see if gv or similar Postscript viewers like the legal format output.

NOTE: you do have to have the printer set for the correct paper size in CUPS, unless that's been improved. But sending "raw" Postscript to a PS printer with appropriate paper should work. I don't have my big workgroup HP set up at the moment, or I would try legal and 11x17 (which is why I bought an expensive printer).
----
I'm quite sure that the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 is not a postscript
printer and it would be helpful if you followed the thread a little
closer.

I was asking the OP to check if other programs offered letter & legal
sizes when choosing to print to isolate whether this was an OOo issue. I
thought that was fairly clear.

I surely don't know whether the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 actually offers
to print a legal size sheet since it is a photo printer, it seems
conceivable that it is not an offered print size - I simply don't know.

Craig

Well it is in the new Gutenprint driver and printer does print a 81/2x14 with that driver.