Re: Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

Linux Media wrote:
>> I've spent the whole day googling and looking at the Fedora
>> List Archives. All I need to do is disable mouse taps in my
>> mouse pad.
>>
>> I've edited /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi
>> over and over, but apparently, I don't know the syntax or how it
>> really all works. And all I got was fragmented pieces of information
>> from my research. I would like to adhere to the new approach to
>> configuring hardware. I'm assuming that creating an xorg.conf file
>> just confuses things and doesn't address the new way of doing things.
>>
>> Ok, so does anyone know how to correctly edit an FDI file to disable
>> mouse taps (and which file)? Or is there a better way?

> follow the instructions here
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=206814
>
> then use synclient to disable tapping

I copied:
/usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-synaptics.fdi
to:
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/
and edited the line to enable SHMConfig.

When running 'synclient' -h (or -l), I get...

'Can't access shared memory area. SHMConfig disabled?'

Please, if anyone could help with this. It's making learning/configuring/using a whole new system so much harder when things keep opening up because of unwanted mouse taps.

If I used the 'Paste Bin' correctly, here are the contents of /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-synaptics.fdi...

http://fpaste.org/paste/3873