Re: F10 & Eduroam : howto?

Mike Cloaked wrote:

> I am not sure if all Eduroam connections across the planet are the same,
> but where I am the authorization uses PEAP/MsCHAP - there were two key
> things that you need to know to make the connection where I am;
> 1) Make sure that you switch to PEAP version 0 and not use the default
> version 1 - there seems to be a bug that prevents version 1 working. It is
> selectable in NM.
> 2) Make sure that the id is your full email address and not just the
> username. Apart from that it is straightforward using NM.

One other point that occasionally causes problems where I am but may not
matter for you is that for some strange reason if you have not changed you
password for a long time then it is possible that changing the main login
password (not for Eduroam directly but for your main machines) may then kick
the radius server password into action..... for me that was necessary the
first time I used Eduroam and it has been fine ever since.  In my case
changing the password back to itself worked fine !  I can't explain the
mechanism for this and it may be a quirk at my own institution only!