Re: [ot] end 'community ass'

On Sunday 15 February 2009 02:16:44 steve wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 02:33 +0000, g wrote:
> >>  i said nothing, now, i am getting tired of seeing 'community ass'
> >> in 'recipient' column.
> >
> > What 'recipient' column?
> >
> > I've read this whole thread and not one person has asked what mailer
> > you're using (nor did you think to tell us in your post). Is there
> > something I'm missing here that's too obvious to mention?
>
> You are not the only one. I was a confused myself (still am actually),
> because, in my mail client (Thunderbird version 2.0.0.19 (20090105)), the
> 'sender' column in the mail list menu shows the names of the senders (ie:
> the string before the "<...>" part that encloses the id (if there is one)).
>
> That said, I do think there is a point to OPs remark (tho' not for the same
> reasons that were cited).
>
> I understand that there has been a discussion about the matter on this
> mailing list, however, i am wondering whether the fact that these headers
> would contribute to the way google sees the archive was considered ? What i
> mean is, compare:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=fedora+help
> http://www.google.com/search?q=fedora+community
> http://www.google.com/search?q=fedora+assistance

Seriously, if you have a problem would you be likely to put any of those into
the searchbox?

The matter of changing the name was discussed on this list.  Reasons were
given for the need for a change.  The community that followed the thread had
their say.  The decision was based on that.  It's called 'democracy'.  Live
with it.

Anne