Re: OT : another language item

Beartooth wrote:
> 	It has been getting common lately for posters here to write "easy
> peasy" instead of simply "easy." It's one more instance of a common
> phenomenon, of course, but I do wonder one thing : do all those who use
> it have a common source (as for instance xkcd) -- or are they just
> picking it up from one another?

Quite an old phrase, as I understand it.  May have origins in the UK.
Not definitive evidence of this...but the easypeasy.com domain is
registered in the UK.  Several other domains with "easypeasy" in them
are UK based.

It could be that phrase was picked up by many in the US due to its use
in the movie Shawshank Redemption by Brooks Hatlen (played by James
Whitmore).