Re: kde 4.2 pulse audio eradicate

I'll try to do this a little more organized tomorrow . right now I have grown weary of the chase

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Saturday 14 February 2009 20:51, Minson, John M Mr CTR wrote:
 I have done all of this before . I dont understand what
xine/mplayer/firefox are referencing audio wise that prevent them from
working at all when amarok works perfectly

Ok. Pulseaudio is no longer in the equation, and you have sounds from Amarok, but not from other audio apps.

I don't know which soundcard you have, but the output from the following commands may be helpfull.
cat /proc/asound/cards
cat /proc/asound/version
/sbin/lsmod | grep snd

Open alsamixer in Gnomes terminal as user, and check for muted controls, and sliders that are at zero. The usual controls are Master, PCM, Front, and CD. (the "M" key does the mute/unmute).

You say that Xine, Mplayer, and Firefox have problems with sounds. Let's look at one at a time. What are you trying to play using Xine?

Just a tip, but would you post to the list in plain text if possible, rather than HTML, and post your replies at the bottom of the previous post, which makes it easier to follow the conversation.

Nigel.