Re: mkinitrd fails in fc5

2009/2/13 jackson byers <byersjab@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Mikkel responded
> You normally do not need to preload any SCSI modules. But the big
> mistake I see here is you are using preload instead of --preload.
>
> Mikkel
>
> ----
> thanks to both Sam and Mikkel
> but it does appear gmail was chewing my message
> I had    the double dash everywhere as  per the man page

I've also just noticed that you are using "--preload=<module>" when
the man page actually says "--preload <module>" - try dropping the =
signs. Having checked though, RHEL4 (which can't be far off FC5)
doesn't care if you have an equals sign or not - most commands accept
both.

My best suggestion would be to drop the preload stuff and see if
mkinitrd works with just:

# mkinitrd /boot/initrd_usb.img 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5

Then try adding in your preload stuff - at least that will tell you if
mkinitrd is functional!

--
Sam