Firefox Faster In Wine Than Native (was Re: Firefox Running Slow in Linux)

So apparently I wasn't just imagining that Firefox on Linux/Fedora is
stupidly slow. Firefox is actually faster in Wine that on Linux
instead.

Based on the original thread, the only people who didn't think that
Firefox was slow had dual core or better machines. I highly disagree
that one should need a dual core to run a browser.

And yes I have pango disabled, And no, it's not DNS problems. The only
apparent problem I have is that I don't have a dual core machine.

Slashdot: http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/13/0058251
Original Article:
http://www.tuxradar.com/content/benchmarked-firefox-javascript-linux-and-windows-and-its-not-pretty