Re: Tools to work with a Sansa

I have a sansa e280.  I don't know how much it differs from yours.  I had to set mine to a different USB mode in the settings to make mine work.  One of the modes was MTP which I don't understand.  I set mine to MSC.

After that, getting songs to it means just copying them to the MUSIC directories.  Creating playlists is much harder because mine uses UTF16LE file names with mangled names.  I hacked together some python scripts to generate the playlists for myself.

From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Fedora Users List <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:09:55 PM
Subject: Tools to work with a Sansa

I just got a Sansa 4Gb Connect MP3.  This is audio and video.

I am running FC10 and Gnome on an Asus 701.

I plug the sansa in with its special USB cable and I show a USB device but it is not accessable.

I have tried to add the Disk Mounter tool to the panel, but when I click on add, nothing happens.

So perhaps multiple things are going wrong here.

But what tool would I use to move music, pics, and videos to the Sansa?

-- fedora-list mailing list