I can't disable my touchpad again...

Something happened with the recent updates such that my touchpad is
operational again.  I don't want it to be operational because I
frequently seem to accidentally move the mouse when I type.

Prior to this I disabled the mouse by adding the following to my
xorg.conf file:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier     "Synaptics"
    Driver         "synaptics"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto-dev"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
    Option         "SHMConfig" "on"
EndSection

For some reason this section has now been commented out. Why would that
be ?

Back in Fedora 8, I used ksynaptics to control my touchpad.   What is
its status these days ?

How do I once again disable my touchpad ?

Thanks