Q's for senior fedora/redhat admins

This question is only for those who are in the decision making processes
of Fedora.

For the others, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm simply just
not interested in the personal views of the list membership, I know this
will still attract those trolls who simply can't help themselves and need
to make their comments, but unless you reply with a @redhat or @fedora
email you will be ignored, sorry if it sounds harsh, but thats the way it
is.

After using Fedora and Ubuntu for a couple of years, I am wondering about
Fedoras' future, so I have some questions to help me decide.

Q1, taking into account Fedoras political and legal worries about patents
and codecs, the stuff thats commonly used by everyone who don't care about
 and are not subject to U.S laws, will Fedora versions in the future offer
something like Ubuntu, where as there is a "restricted" installed by
default repo, to get codecs like playing a MP3 or movie, or automatically
get and install wireless firmware/drivers, detecting whats needed, and
popping up a warning that it might be illegal to use this where you live
blah blah blah do you accept risks click OK  and it goes and gets and
installs whatever it is, just like ubuntu does?

Q2, Will Fedora release a LTS (long term support) version that is
supported for 3 years or so, just like Ubuntu.

Both of these are important to anyone I know, and my friends I've tried to
show both distributions to convert to Linux, say it's no contest, they say
windows does it, ubuntu does it even for Q1 after accepting the warning,
but Fedora wont, not a one of them, said they would even try Fedora
because of this, which goes to standing maybe as to why ubuntu has become
so popular so very fast, so will either or both of these be addressed in
the future to maybe help save Fedora?

Best,
Laura Kolwen