Re: End of Saga WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> Charles Crayne wrote:

>>> Sounds good, until the day when yum identifies 473 dependencies for the
>>> package you want to install.
>>>

>> One of those other buggers I don't like about Fedora.  A ridiculous
>> number of dependencies that (to me, mind you) seem superfluous.
> You are in error. These deps aren't there for fun, but for technical
> necessity.
>
> Ralf

Oh?  And how come I can install the same set of software in Gentoo and
not need an extra 50+MB of dependencies?  I wish I had an example at the
moment, but I don't.  However, I'm sure one will pop up sooner or later.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support