Re: Mysql with federated engine

I have mysql-5.0.67-2.fc10.i386

Even when I issue 'mysqld_safe --federated' the show engines report FEDERATED: NO

Maybe this package isn't build with the federated engine ?

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 16:27 +0200, Veli-Pekka Kestilä wrote:
Pedro Freire wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I need to have a federated table in MySQL.
>
> However, the engine in the Fedora package is not enabled.
>
> How can I enable it ? Is there an optional package ?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/federated-storage-engine.html

It's on the version of mysql shipped with F10, so if it's compiled you
need to give command line parameter to enable it. If it's not compiled
you can download the source package and enable configuration in
spec-file + recompile. Then you will be still using rpm's etc. You just
need to keep track on the bug/security reports and disable automatic
update for that package to prevent mishaps.

-VPK