Firewall problem: Only works on a restart.

I have a minor mystery and I don't know how to debug it.

I have two computers in the house. Machine A has two NICS, one of which is hooked to the cable modem and sees the outside world. Also, Machine A implements the IPTABLES firewall with NAT. Machine B and Machine A's 2nd NIC are hooked up to a little hub. Ever since I upgraded to F10, I notice that Machine B can't see the outside world unless I restart the firewall. And just to make it interesting,

iptables -L > before
restart the firewall
iptables -L > after

diff before after
result is no difference

I'm wide open to a suggestion on how to fix this. And please don't tell me to restart the firewall in rc.local. ;-)

TIA

steveo at syslang.net