Re: WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I DID NOT want to make this post sounding like I am so right, because
> I know that all the programmers, Linux gurus, etc., know far more then
> me.
>
> There must be someway to fix a situation, that needs to be fixed
> though. I just don't understand why they do not provide updates which
> I could imagine they could do instead of releasing a completely knew
> OS???

Sometimes there are massive changes in the design. Imagine going from
KDE 3.x to KDE 4.x. You start hearing words like "plasmoids" and
what not... I was reading something about ext4 filesystem in F11... it
really is quite challenging to do things like that with a mere OS update.

> Again, sorry for the initial yelling.

It helps to count to 10000 before typing an email in frustration.  :-)
You're not alone. Many share the challenge. But we willingly choose to
go the Fedora way. It's the cutting edge thing, the curiosity to learn what
else is new.

CentOS is far more ideal for those who want to be close to the Fedora flavor.

~af