F10: gnucash - white space in reports

I have just noticed this. Trying to generate reports with gnucash now outputs a large amount of white space after the report title and before the report detail. This white space can be several pages in length. This has started within the last month. I am using Fedora 10, and I have all updates applied including the gnucash update to 2.2.8-2 on Jan 7, 2009.

I install the previous version of gnucash 2.2.7 on another F10 computer and also see the larger amount of white space in the reports. This makes me think it is related to one of the dependencies of gnucash.

Has anyone else noticed the same problem? Has anyone been able to print reports without the white space since the last gnucash update?

Craig