Re: Ran out of disk space during yum update

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 05:21:05PM -0800, bruce wrote:

> hey sam....
>
> since you've been here before.. any chance that you could post/provide your
> scripts that you used to help solve the issue...
>
> this would be a seriously great help to anyone who runs into this issue and
> would be searching the net for help!!

One trick is:
	yum update yum
	yum update [a-e]*
	yum update [f-j]*
	yum update [k-m]*
	yum update [m-p]*
	yum update [q-w]*
	yum update [x-z]*
	yum update [A-M]*
	yum update [O-Z]*
	yum update
	yum-complete-transaction

Inserting a
	yum clean all
between transactions might help some users.
The ranges are SWAG.  A yum update will
give a list and the user can adjust to
pick off blocks as needed.

Note that yum is critical as are rpm tools
and sqlite.  The first line might be improved

	yum update yum rpm* sqlite python-sqlite2

Other tricks may apply...

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?