Re: LXDE as default in init 5

solarflow99 wrote:

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Aldo Foot <lunixer@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lunixer@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:solarflow99@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    > I would like to set this as the default, but using runlevel 5
    just brings up
    > GDM by default and I have to select lxde every time.  Anyone
    happen to know
    > where you can can set this?  it doesnt seem realted to prefdm, I
    tried that
    > already.

    I selected LXDE at the GDM. Logged in. Rebooted. The LXDE was still
    selected when
    I logged in a second time.
    In my system I have a hidden file, which stores my desktop selection
    to remember it:

    $ cat $HOME/.dmrc
    [Desktop]
    Session=LXDE

    first time I ever try LXDE and is indeed quite fast.

If only I could get root to work then, you'll notice if you logged as root, it doesnt save the session even if that file is there. Also from my previous post, it should have been PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startlxde

but why login as root? why not use 'su' or 'sudo', logging in as root all the time isn't recommended