Re: What exactly is 'yum list recent' ??

g wrote:
William Case wrote:

I used 'yum list recent' to double check a recently updated package.  I
found what I wanted.  But ...

'man yum':

 yum list recent
     List packages recently added into the repositories.

None of which answers his three explicit questions. There seems no information on how you decides what is "recent" in that page.

A couple of questions came to mind:

http://yum.baseurl.org/
http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/yum
Does that link provide any information from your machine, because it sure doesn't give me anything but an invitation to write a page. Or was that another subtle comment like the reference to the man page which doesn't define what recent is, either.

I got a "server busy" on baseurl, can't say what that might do.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>