Re: talk about your gEDA/pcb

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Chitlesh GOORAH
<chitlesh.goorah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is important for both the public and gEDA/gaf developers to know
> that people are using gEDA/gaf tools. Currently the gEDA/gaf community
> is preparing the next major release 1.6 which we are hoping to get it
> in time for F-11.

I'm inching closer and closer to needing to use it.  I work in a mixed
group of engineers and physicists...we build our own HF gear for
research specific needs.  I haven't been directly tasked with any
electronics layout work yet... and the EE's have so far not be
interested in looking at the open tools on their own.

I keep finding that I don't have much success getting people to adopt
open tools, unless I'm working on something and actively using the
tool myself that I can show them.  People are far more receptive if
they watch me over my shoulder working on something...even if its
poorly done project...because I'm an idiot...they end up admiring the
tools even if the project is crap...they just blame me.

I'm actually really interested in knowing what are some successful
strategies for introducing gEDA/gaf in a group setting. Not a LUG.
Like at a conference or workshop setting.