Using ext2 on SSD drive

I am installing FC10 on an ASUS with an SSD drive right now to see how it behaves.

I know that with ext2 you are suppose to clean it up every so often, but I can't find my notes as to the command.

What is the command and how is this done while the system is 'in use', or is there some way to do it occationally during boot time?