Re: XFCE depends on GNOME, why?

Javier Perez wrote:
Hi
I tried to install a "pure" XFCE system but I can't
It looks like in order to install XFCE, I have to install also GNOME.
It is so very counterproductive because my idea was to setup a small,efficient system specifically without GNOME or KDE's overhead.
This is an old computer, with a Celeron processor

Take a look at this, this is the result of sudo groupinstall XFCE:

-----------------------

Dependencies Resolved

[SNIP]

/\_/\ |O O| pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pepebuho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
~~~~ Javier Perez
~~~~   While the night runs
~~~~   toward the day...
 m m   Pepebuho watches
   from his high perch.

Check the XFCE web site. Gnome is an optional dependency. You can build your own version from the sources without Gnome. I've done it before, they have a program that does the build for you, so it's easy.

Regards,

John