Re: SD card reader (Texas Instruments)

L wrote:
> Hi
> I have  SD card reader on the laptop HP NX5000. I believe the reader is
> Texas Instruments one. After I insert the sdcard in, the dmesg shows:
>
> tifm_core: MMC/SD card detected in socket 0:0
>
> But it does not mount automatically. Does it miss some module or how to
> make it mounted?
>

> my system if F10 i386 (2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686), fairly updated
> thanks

If you read the guidelines of the list, and stop posting in HTML, I
will see if I can help you.

Guidelines:

We need more information - are you running the Gnome desktop,
another desktop, or trying to mount the SD card from the command
line? Under Gnome, it should get mounted to a directory HAL creates
in /media. There a bunch of rules HAL uses. The easiest is if the
media or partition has a label - then it used that label.

What messages show up in /var/log/messages when you insert the card?

Mikkel