Re: LXDE as default in init 5

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:56 AM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Aldo Foot <lunixer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I selected LXDE at the GDM. Logged in. Rebooted. The LXDE was still
>> selected when
>> I logged in a second time.
>> In my system I have a hidden file, which stores my desktop selection
>> to remember it:
>>
>> $ cat $HOME/.dmrc
>> [Desktop]
>> Session=LXDE
>>
>> first time I ever try LXDE and is indeed quite fast.
>
> If only I could get root to work then, you'll notice if you logged as root,
> it doesnt save the session even if that file is there.  Also from my

I've done this on a F10 system. The .dmrc files does not exist for root even
I chose the session at the login window. So I created /root/.dmrc. I log out
and back in and my root session is saved.
The syntax of the .dmrc doesn't use PREFERRED in it. That's for the
prefdm file, which you can modify if you like.
I'm not using prefdm or at all. I'm not changing any other files except .dmrc.

~af