Re: Sendmail

Adil Drissi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed Mysql and PHP but I am unable to
> send email via php. Sendmail is already installed apparently.

Are you running SELinux? If so, you need to turn on the ability to
send email from the web server, if that is what you are trying to do.

> I want to know if there is a way to test email by sendmail command lines.

You will have to read the Sendmail documentation. Depending on
exactly what you mean by test email, there are commands to do it.
But I don't run Sendmail any more, and I don't remember the exact
commands.
> Another thing is that how to configure sendmail because i'm just a
> regular customer of an internet provider. I know the provider's mail
> server parameters. Can sendmail be used with these parameters?

You can set up Sendmail to use a relay host. So what you want to do
is set up your ISPs SMTP server as your relay host. I think the
default sendmail.mc file has a line for this, but it is commented out.

Mikkel