Re: F10: boot hangs after yesterday's yum updates

Tim-163 wrote:

> Hit a key to escape out of it before it gets stuck.
> Or, boot in a text-only mode.

Well, I went out to do an errand and left the machine in its half-booted
state, and when I came back Gnome was up.

I am guessing the boot process paused to allow fsck to run one of its
periodic checks. I am going to disable that useless progress bar.

As an aside: I have four 1 TB drives in this system, and I dread seeing the
"this drive has been booted 28 times without a check" warning when I reboot.
In my experience, fsck takes around 35 minutes to check a 1 TB drive. :(((

Thanks, Tim, for the quick response and sorry to everyone about the false
alarm.

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam