Re: is KDE dead - did Gnome win?

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:29:32 -0700
Robin Laing wrote:

> > Ok, honestly, I have been trying to find out what do you guys in kick-off that
> > is like window$, but I have yet to find out.  I don't see anything to be the
> > same except that there are some things and you click on them.
> >

> I find the way the menu is now into multi-levels in KDE to be like my
> experience with Vista and XP without the classic interface.  To many
> clicks/mouse motions to get to where I want to be.

I don't know about KDE kick-off, but it is certainly clear that GDM
is desperate to be a clone of the windows login screen and gnome logout
as well, with the annoying window fade to black & white animation (that
takes forever to update when running in an NX session so you have to
wait forever before you can push the damn go ahead and exit already
button :-).