Re: LXDE as default in init 5

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:39 AM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to set this as the default, but using runlevel 5 just brings up
> GDM by default and I have to select lxde every time.  Anyone happen to know
> where you can can set this?  it doesnt seem realted to prefdm, I tried that
> already.

If you select LXDE from GDM then it should remember that setting. I
can't tell for sure if you've done that with the limited information
you've provided.

I recently installed F10 on a low end laptop (P2 366MHz) w/ 128MB of
ram. I'm using LXDE in combination with Slim (login manager). I
probably should put put it in bugzilla but I created a lxde.switchdesk
file (modified from the fluxbox one) so you can use switchdesk to
change to LXDE. However, I found out the hard way that if you choose
your desktop in GDM, switchdesk will have no effect.

Richard