Re: No Sound on Fedora 10 with Audigy SB

On Saturday 31 January 2009 15:13:29 Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Saturday 31 January 2009 20:46, RDB wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have Creative Audigy SB sound card. It doesn't work on F10. ...<snip>
Below is some relevant output of lspci and lsmod in
> > case it helps diagnosing the problem.
> >

> Try opening alsamixer as below, as maybe some sliders are down, or controls
> muted. The "M" key does the mute/unmute. Check the "Analog A" switch.

I checked alsamixer before and it's unmuted. I am not sure with what you mean
by "Analog A" switch.

> alsamixer -D :hw0
For some reason, that command gives:
 $ alsamixer -D :hw0
ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL :hw0

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for :hw0: No such file or directory

> If that fails to work, disable pulseaudio, with the command below.
> yum remove alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

Did that, still no luck.

Another curious thing, Alsamixes now shows :
Card: Audigy 1 [Unknown]
Chip: SigmaTel STAC9750,51

Not sure if that's the correct chip (not sure how to find out either). Could it
be getting the wrong driver or something ?

Thanks.
RDB