Broadcom-wl v. Kernel

I have a new Dell toy on which I installed F10. I had
been running F8 on a Vaio with a vanilla kernel that
had the athos drivers compiled in.

Setup installed the PAE kernel. Using rpmfusion, I
installed broadcom-wl along with the dependencies.

kernel
broadcom-wl
kmod-wl-2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.i686
kmod-wl

I am not at all sure why it installed two kmod-wl. Both are
from rpmfusion-nonfree-updates???

Is the kernel dependency correct? Does this mean that - to
use wireless - I should boot from the non-PAE kernel?

I hate to ask - I feel stupid - but what is the difference
between rpmfusion free and nonfree? Is this a licensing
issue?

Thanks

--
"Neither Lifestyle nor Agenda"