Re: application to suck up RSS to local storage?

Peter Teoh wrote:
I know thunderbird can be used to view RSS news feed, but, like IMAP,
the content is not stored locally, and thus viewing the pages are
slow.

Is there any application in Redhat which I can use to download RSS
newsfeed, so that I can view it locally without much latency delays?

The development version of seamonkey (www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey) will optionally pull content instead of abstract. I don't generally use it that way, but it does. Obviously it's a suite, had browser, composer, mail, etc, etc, but you can use just that portion of it.

The seamonkey 1.1.x series doesn't do RSS, so the rpm won't help you. You want 2.0a3 build later than 20090115.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>