Re: Understanding the mystery of printing?

On 01/30/2009 09:43 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:23:00 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Have you tried glabels instead of OO? It's a special-purpose app for
labels which might suit your needs better.

Nah, I'm just stubborn :-). My goal is to tweak the .ppd file
so everything works. I'm sure I could use a special app like glabels
to print with a special template, but it bothers me that I should
have to do that.

I'm just trying to understand why the heck different apps don't
print the exact same place when printing to the (supposedly) same
page size (actually open office is the only exception I have
found so far, so maybe open office is just busted).

I'll have to experiment with OO just printing to normal paper
as well and see if OO does everything differently.

Silly question: you do realize that "normal paper" for OO is A4, right?

poc