Re: OT: wifi antennas

Anne Wilson wrote:

> It's a 16C-in-part stone built farmhouse :-)  The walls very between 30"
> and 24" - the traditional way was a double skin of stone filled with
> rubble and
> clay.  Cabling the house was a nightmare.

I live in a property a bit like that - not as old, but a granite building
(part of an old orphanage) with very thick walls.
To make matters worse, the building was extended almost as soon
as it was built, so there are very thick internal walls.

I have a Linksys WRT54GL router attached to a computer on the top floor
(there are four storeys, but one is not used)
and I get a reasonable signal all over the building.

(The WRT65GL runs Linux, incidentally, and has 4 ethernet sockets
as well as WiFi antennae.)