Re: Update revisor

Frank Murphy wrote:
Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
You may be interested in participating in our Test Team even if only you
report your upgrade from Fedora 8 went good or bad.

http://lists.fedoraunity.org/pipermail/test-team/2009-January/000304.html

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Hi Jeroen,

I would like to get involved with Unity testing.
Will be getting a couple of boxes purely for that.

What I was wondering is, (similar to previous poster)
Is if in co-operation with PackageKit.
If the Unity disks could be used as a formal u\g path,
for the freemedia program.
(As Unity states it is not officially sponsored, as a result of which we
cannot avail of them in that situ.)

But if they could be seen as a viable u\g, along with official Disk?

We can move this to Amb-list if you fell it more appropriate.

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but here it goes;

As far as the Fedora Unity Re-Spins is concerned, co-operation with PackageKit stretches as far as the co-operation between PackageKit and General Availability media (the media officially released and distributed by the Fedora Project).

The FreeMedia program has been using some of the Fedora Unity Re-Spins in the past, so it might be possible for anyone to obtain the Fedora Unity Re-Spins through the FreeMedia program -if they offer them. If they do not offer the Fedora Unity Re-Spins, one might request them explicitly but the FreeMedia program may choose to not ship Fedora Unity Re-Spins.

Now, I don't know what you mean by "u\g", but the Fedora Unity Re-Spins are tested extensively for different types of installations, and different types of upgrades as well. So, if "u\g" means "upgrade"; yes, the Fedora Unity Re-Spins are viable media to perform upgrades with.

I hope that answers your questions, but if not, don't hesitate ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip