Re: Linux Bowl - Any Ideas?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 15:03 +0000, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 02:56pm on Thursday, January 29, 2009 (UK time), Patrick O'Callaghan scrawled:
>
> > I always thought it had something to do with the trophy (viz. FA Cup,
> > Ashes, etc.) but I speak from the vantage point of complete ignorance.
>
> From Wikipedia: Bowl game ...The term "bowl" originated from the Rose
> Bowl Stadium, site of the first post-season college football games. The
> Rose Bowl stadium takes its name and bowl-shaped design from the Yale
> Bowl, the prototype of many football stadiums in the United States...
>
> > poc (not-an-American-either)

Ahh! I'd looked up Rose Bowl before posting, but the Wikipedia page
didn't have that info directly. Now I feel I've learned something :-)

Ah, you folks are awesome.  I love the community.  Some really good, bad, and funny ideas for the domain name.  Keep 'em coming and we'll make something of this silly purchase yet!  Personally; I like the news bit, competitive ideas, linux-related ads. All good ideas, but sounds like  a lot of work too. :D

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.