Re: Internet connection in F10 via bluetooth-connected WM6 phone?

Hi Mike

I am using wmwifi app which would convert your windows mobile into an access point.

http://global.wmwifirouter.com/trial/

it works flawlessly, its kinda off amazing to see the speed you get with the mobile broadband.

--
cheers.
Mohan.

Rick Stevens wrote:
Mike Cloaked wrote:
I wonder if anyone is able to point me to information on how to use a laptop running F10, that is away from usual wired or wifi connections, but where a
cellphone is available running WM6 that does have an internet connection
through the phone's isp, and is bluetooth capable?

I presume that bluetooth pairing is the first step - and then somehow the
phone's internet access should be connected to the laptop - possibly
NetworkManager can handle this?

I have never tried this but I would like to know the steps needed to get
this to work - as I am trying to help someone who has a need to be away from
usual internet access where the phone can run its own browser, and the
laptop could in principle communicate with it. Using the laptop would be a lot more user friendly than using the phone - and of course the laptop is
running F10 with the Gnome desktop fully up to date.

Any pointers gratefully received.

I found a link that sorta describes this, but uses the USB instead of
bluetooth:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340747

Carrying a USB cable in the laptop bag shouldn't be a huge problem.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                      ricks@xxxxxxxx -
-     Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me?     -