Re: F10 Cups / Samba / Vista

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>> I suspect that you are using a 'client driver' to print via the 'raw'
>> printer on cups and the upgrade ended up changing /etc/cups/mime.types
>> and /etc/cups/mime.convs
>>
>> check out...
>> http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/CUPS-printing.html#id2631669
>>

>> for information on how to print using client driver and enable 'raw'
>> printing support on your cups shared printer
>>

> Craig, if you looked at your own files you'd notice that Fedora no
> longer ships the config files that way.

FWIW, I have a recently installed F10 and it contains....untouched by me.

/etc/cups/mime.convs

[egreshko@f10 cups]$ grep raw mime.convs
# without the -oraw option.
#application/octet-stream       application/vnd.cups-raw        0       -

and

/etc/cups/mime.types

[egreshko@f10 cups]$ grep octet-stream mime.types
application/octet-stream

So, one is line is commented and one is uncommented...  The link
provided indicates both need to be uncommented but only in so far as to
achieve the desired results.   My interpretation of the link doesn't
lead me to conclude *how* the files are shipped or even if the author is
intending to imply how the files are shipped.

Either way, it doesn't really matter does it?  I mean the goal here is
to get things to work the way Brian needs/expects.

--
There's a little picture of ED MCMAHON doing BAD THINGS to JOAN RIVERS
in a $200,000 MALIBU BEACH HOUSE!! Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx