Re: pdf creation tool?

Bill Edwards wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx
<mailto:davidsen@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I would like to convert some old paper documentation to PDF in
    case I ever need it. I have the scan software, I can easily create
    an image of each page, or save the page in postscript or pdf. What
    I don't have is a simple tool which will easily allow me to put
    the pages into a single document, and possibly add an index so I
    can find things if needed.

    Any suggestions? I can certainly live with what I have, I can get
    the information back for online reading or hard copy if needed,
    but it's ugly.

-- Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx <mailto:davidsen@xxxxxxx>>

I have the same problem, but I don't need any fancy indexes or stuff,
so I just save each page of the set as postscript, and then concatenate them all together with cat. then ps2pdf and you're done

Bill Edwards
xsane will save scanned pages as pdf, ps, whatever.  Don't know if it
will scan multiple pages to save into one pdf but you can always do the
cat | ps2pdf thing.

Kevin

Try gscan2pdf which is in the Everything repo for F10 (if not in prior versions).

Works like a charm, to take a number of tiff or jpg scans, and pack them into a pdf. I use an HP 3055 All-in-One printer/scanner over the network, with scanimage to grab tiff's and gscan2pdf to pack them. QED.

Geoff