Re: Printers

On 01/25/2009 10:42 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
New printers are actually often a better buy...

I remember buying a laser printer at Office Depot and the
printer was something like $100 and their web site listed
replacement toner cartridges at $116 :-). I'm assuming they
don't sell many replacement cartridges...

There are many online resources, such as the Ink Jet Superstore (http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com/) that sell both compatible as well as Original manufacturer cartridges for discounts. I have an HP Color Laserjet 4500N that I got free, but I needed to buy a couple of cartridges. I went to Ink Jet Superstore and bought compatibles for $39.00 apiece. I bought a couple of cartridges for the HP 4700DN at work also although the black print quality seems to be a bit low as that printer is showing some background lines, but that might be due to the transfer kit that is now needing replacement, so I don't think it is due to the compatible black cartridge.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix