Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 59, Issue 209

On Sat, 2009-01-24 at 22:03 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Not quite the real etymology of 'freedom' but if you strongly support
> my
> desires I hope you will join me in castigating the designer of
> PackageManager.
> Geoff
----
there are ideas and there are words

****
cas·ti·gate
tr.v.   cas·ti·gat·ed, cas·ti·gat·ing, cas·ti·gates
     1. To inflict severe punishment on. See Synonyms at punish.
     2. To criticize severely.

[Latin castīgāre, castīgāt-, from castus, pure; see kes- in
Indo-European roots.]
cas'ti·ga'tion n., cas'ti·ga'tor n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
****

you are so entirely over the top and tone deaf that you simply do not
see that you demonstrate not even the slightest amount of decency.

At some point in life, I hope you find the ability to disagree without
being so disagreeable.

If you don't like the choices offered in Package Manager, you always
have the option of removing it from your computer. Instead, you want to
make it your mission to not only to identify and ridicule, you are using
the list to solicit sympathy for your viciousness.

Whatever point you may have had (and it's a dubious one at best), it's
lost in your presentation.

Craig