Gateway DX4720 installation problems

I just bought a DX4720-03 from Gateway. Has anyone succeeded in installing Fedora on this system?

When I boot off the Fedora 10 full distribution DVD, at the first screen, "Welcome to Fedora 10!", I tell it to Install or upgrade, and then I get a variety of errors on the text console, including:

   ata1.00 failed to IDENTIFY

and

   PNP: PS/2 appears to have AUX port disabled ...

and

ehci_hcd 0000:00:04.1: Unlink after no_IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.

and

ohci_hcd 0000:00:04.0: Unlink after no_IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ.

after which it does nothing.

This system's processor is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 which I believe is 64-bit. I tried both the i386 and x86_64 distributions with the same results.

I also tried booting the Fedora 8 full distribution DVD. This works a little better; it gets to the first screen of the installation program "To begin testing the media ...", but then fails to respond to keyboard input.

It runs Windows fine, which suggests the hardware is OK.
It has a PS/2 keyboard and USB mouse.
I get the same results if I substitute a USB keyboard.

Help!