Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Robert L Cochran wrote:

> Please note: I am saying all the above after having downloaded only one
> free sample chapter of a Kindle-ized book, and I have never bought a
> Kindle Store book from Amazon.

If you want to give it more of a test, go to Baen Free Library and
download some books in the Kindle format. They have a fair sample of
free books. They are complete books, but about half are the first
book in a series, to get you hooked on the author's work. (If you
liked the first one, and want more of the same.)

They offer the same book in more then one format. So if you like the
book, but don't like reading it on the Kindle, you can read it on
other devices. If all else fails, you can always download the HTML
version. Best of all - no DRM!

http://www.baen.com/library

Mobibook offers free software that will create books in their format
- from what I understand, they will work in the Kindle as well.
(Just change the extension.)

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/ProductDetailsCreator.asp

Mikkel