Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Dave Feustel wrote:
Has anyone any experience transferring ebooks between Amazon's Kindle book
reader and Fedora using the Kindle's usb connection?

ebooks purchased from Amazon for the Kindle are DRM encumbered.

They are an evilution of mobi format with DRM. They cannot be read outside the Kindle, sorry.

However, the Kindle can read regular DRM free mobi format books, like those from Baen publishing. In which case, you would be going the other way. :)

However, I do not not have experience with a Kindle. I do my ebook reading on a Nokia N810 MID, for the very reason mentioned.

Good luck!