Re: ATT's DSL Lite for Linux

g wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> You may have to borrow a Windows box to do the initial setup.
>
> not necessary.
>
> all setup is done thru web browser and 'local://address', where 'address'
> will depend on which dsl modem he is provided.

You mean they finely fixed that? I know around here, they didn't
send you the user name/password you needed to connect. They were
generated by a Windows program. I believe it was communicating over
the DSL connection back to the server to do it. So you could not
just log into the modem, and set up the PPPoE connection. Once you
had the user  name/password, you no longer needed the program.

Mikkel