Re: Samba and printer question.

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Veli-Pekka Kestilä wrote:
Hi,

I have a HP4050 printer which is connected trought hp-jetdirect. It
works fine with cups, but I couldn't  get it shared trough samba. It
shows okay to my vista laptop, but it laptop couldn't connect to it. I
can use cups so it's not a problem, but I would be interested to find
out why it didn't work trough samba as I could end up seeing something
similiar when at customer or somewhere else where using cups isn't an
option.

Fedora version is 10. Samba and cups are latest available versions. Also
I didn't really get any helpful errors in selinux or samba logs which
would help solving this problem.

Greerings,
Veli-Pekka

I am not sure I understand correctly - is it that you can not make a
Samba connection to the Linux machine and share the printer that
way, or are you having problems connecting to the jetdirect card?

Mikkel
Maybe I was littlebit unclear. Setup is so that Printer is connected to my F10 machine and shared to network trough samba running on that machine. Then I will try to use my Vista laptop to access thar printer share. This point I get error on vista that it's unable to connect the printer. Printer works fine on Linux.

Normal file shares work without a problem from that server so user and so on is setup correctly. Most probably problem is either in samba access permissions on the Linux or between samba and cups. (So probably in either case I just don't get the config right.)

Veli-Pekka