RE: Package Manager Denies Permission to Install

From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>

>I don't think you need to patch gnome-packagekit, just fixing PolicyKit
would do it. You'll still get the nag-dialog, but that's still part of
the design.

> > I wish this kind of stupid arbitrary restrictions just got removed.

>It's up to David upstream to make that call, not me.

And that would be David WHO, exactly? And what is his email address?
Because I, for one, am really tired of this sort of irritant.

It does not stop me from doing what I want to do. It just makes it more difficult and time-consuming. It does not actually enhance security in any meaningful way. And it disrespects me by implying that I effectively do not have the brains to come in out of the rain. And it disrespects every person who wrote the GUI code which you implicitly claim is insecure.

Geoff